Oceans and Plastic Pollution - A Quick Guide
You can support us with your sponsorship at any level. Write [email protected] know more. Sponsorship helps keep our content free.
- Start your learning by listening to this discussion about the Status of Oceans & Plastic Pollution panelists from Plastic Pollution Coalition, Save Our Shores, 5Gyres & Plastics for Change give you information about what the exact problem is and what could be the ideal solution.
- Get a quick introduction to the garbage patches in oceans from the panel discussion on Managing Plastic Waste & Mitigating the Garbage Patches.
- Continue to learn about garbage patches & deep oceans at Outer Space & Deep Oceans (Out Of Sight, Out of Mind)
- Pollutants from plastic waste in our waters enters human body through the food and water we ingest. Watch this panel on Health Impacts of Plastic Pollution where panelists lay out the different ways in which plastics enter our bodies, their sources and impacts on health of humans and ecosystems.
- Move slightly away from focusing on deep oceans, with this panel discussion on Waste Management on Islands for Protecting Health & Ecosystems
- After you have learned about the ocean plastic problems, watch this panel discussion that discusses Solutions, Alternatives and Innovation
For quick read, you could also check out the following interviews.
- “Coastal cleanups empower people to take simple actions in their communities!” – Interview With Nicholas Mallos, Ocean Conservancy
- “People will look back to this era as the ‘Plasticene’ – plastic is the best marker of human ‘civilization’!” – Interview With Anna Cummins, 5Gyres
If you found our guide useful, please share the same on social media.
CLICK TO TWEET “A quick guide to Oceans & Plastic Pollution from @bewastewise”