Mobile Applications For Waste Management
Organized at 3 PM GMT on 21st October, 2015
If you would like to sponsor our work, please write to email@example.com
QUICK SUMMARY & QUOTES
This panel followed an interview format where Ranjith Annepu had questions that Jeff Kirschner answered.
Swetha Dandapani has put together a quick summary of the panel and some of her favourite quotes from Jeff for you.
JEFF KIRSCHNER, Litterati
I was walking through the woods with my kids and my daughter saw cat litter and said “daddy, that doesn’t go there.” That was the eye-opening moment for me and all that I saw after that was litter everywhere.
- Cutting edge technology has started to bleed over into waste management
- After starting Litterati, litter suddenly became approachable – it went from being the thing that I didn’t see to being artistic
- The idea behind Litterati is to build a product and design an experience that is not only simple & seamless, but also makes people feel empowered that they can make a difference by one simple act
- Litterati’s belief is that the best way to find solutions is by utilizing data
- For utilizing data properly, Litterati needs to get to a sample size that is statistically significant. Once that happens we will be able to understand which community has bigger problems than others by using that data.
- Just enabling a child to have a different experience with litter creates a whole new awareness beyond just picking something up.
- It’s not hard to make a difference. You can start by picking up one piece