be Waste Wise’s Journey in 2015 in Numbers
As we look forward to a new year to continue learning from each other and create more value to our community, we looked back to see how be Waste Wise did in 2015. So, here is a quick snapshot.
Every minute a panelist spent on be Waste Wise multiplied into 36+ minutes of waste education. Thanks to contributors, strong supporters, team and advisory board.
- We reached 28,000 practitioners
- Provided 2,000 hours of education on waste management issues
- Engaged more than 100 experts from around the world
In 2015, we
- Achieved 80% growth in our community
- Brought 45 professionals together to share their expertise
- Connected them to nearly 17,000 people worldwide
- Hosted 17 panel discussions as part of the 2015 Global Dialogue on Waste
- Collaborated with 34 organizations in the field of waste
What Others Thought Of Us
- Placed among the top 10 must-follow Twitter accounts (by WasteDive)
- Placed in the top 100 most influential Circular Economy organizations (SustMeme Top 500)
- Our co-founder, Ranjith Annepu was
- Recognized as a contributor to the future of waste management during ISWA-2015 Congress, Antwerp
- Interviewed on LA Talk Radio by Diana Dehm about zero waste
- Featured as a panelist to discuss corporate India’s role in sanitation during Smart Green Sanitation for Smart Green Cities, New Delhi
- Became more engaged in sharing knowledge by responding and sharing on social media platforms (figure represents cumulative data)
- Our Twitter community grew by 92% to 1,520 followers and our Facebook community grew by 65% to 644 likes
We thank you very much for your support. Let’s keep the mutual conversation going and continue learning from each other. Collaborative learning is the most effective way to create a global waste-wise community.
You can contact us with suggestions for topics you’d like to be discussed or experts you’d like to hear from. To get in touch, simply tweet to us @bewastewise, write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on facebook.com/bewastewise!
You can also support our work through a sponsorship.