Oceans and Plastic Pollution – A Quick Guide
You can support us with your sponsorship at any level. Write to email@example.com to know more. Sponsorship helps keep our content free.
- Start your learning by listening to this discussion about the Status of Oceans & Plastic Pollution panelists from Plastic Pollution Coalition, Save Our Shores, 5Gyres & Plastics for Change give you information about what the exact problem is and what could be the ideal solution.
- Get a quick introduction to the garbage patches in oceans from the panel discussion on Managing Plastic Waste & Mitigating the Garbage Patches.
- Continue to learn about garbage patches & deep oceans at Outer Space & Deep Oceans (Out Of Sight, Out of Mind).
- This webinar gives the overall picture on the arrival of plastics in the marine environment, consider how we got here and most importantly what we can do, with insights on a number of global projects and local innovations.
- Pollutants from plastic waste in our waters enters human body through the food and water we ingest. Watch this panel on Health Impacts of Plastic Pollution where panelists lay out the different ways in which plastics enter our bodies, their sources and impacts on health of humans and ecosystems.
- Move slightly away from focusing on deep oceans, with this panel discussion on Waste Management on Islands for Protecting Health & Ecosystems.
- After learning about islands, learn about specific islands in the Carribean with this panel titled Marine Pollution: A Carribbean Perspective.
- After you have learned about the ocean plastic problems, watch this panel discussion that discusses Solutions, Alternatives and Innovation.
- In an interesting aside, watch this panel where Marcus Eriksen of 5Gyres speaks about building a raft from junk and taking it on the ocean.
- Costas Velis, the Chair of ISWA’s Task Force on Marine Litter, delves into details of ISWA’s task force on preventing marine litter.
If you found our guide useful, please share the same on social media.
CLICK TO TWEET “A quick guide to Oceans & Plastic Pollution from @bewastewise”