The 2015 Global Dialogue on Waste
The first panel discussion on Reducing Food Waste and Hunger will start at
3 PM GMT on
5th August, 2015
Panel starts at
3 PM GMT on 5th August, 2015
This 45 minute online panel will focus on the logistics behind collecting and distributing surplus food that would otherwise be wasted. The panel will start with general introductions and take questions from audience through our live chat window on the homepage and through tweets sent with #wastewise or to @bewastewise
Trustee Secretary, Centre for Development Communication & Annakshetra
Please stay updated by subscribing to our monthly newsletter.
JOIN THE DIALOGUE
To share your solutions and thoughts,
Use the #wastewise or mention @bewastewise on Twitter
Join the global dialogue on waste on our New LinkedIn Group.
Join our Facebook community.
If you would like to sponsor our work, please write to [email protected]
TOPICS COVERED UNDER 2015 GLOBAL DIALOGUE ON WASTE
- Logistics of donating leftovers to reduce hunger and food waste
- Preventing waste through education and community engagement
- Formalizing the third sector: Informal waste recycling
- Source segregation or commingled recycling?
- Solid waste management in Humanitarian Response
- Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) and its export
- Opportunities for entrepreneurs
- Can we recycle everything?
- Culture, consumption and waste management
- Questions to be asked before accepting new waste plans
- Mobile applications for better waste management
- New waste treatment technologies
- City-wide composting programs
- Ways to improve recycling rates
- Careers in waste management
- Role of social media in waste management
- The Clean India campaign: Swachch Bharat
- Protecting public health and ecosystems in islands through waste management
- Ocean plastic pollution