The 2015 Global Dialogue on Waste
is a series of panel discussions and interviews which will be broadcast live on every Wednesday from August to December, 2015
Panel on INVOLVING THE COMMUNITY IN WASTE MANAGEMENT – CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNITIES starts at 3 PM GMT on 07th October, 2015
JOIN THE 2015 GLOBAL DIALOGUE ON WASTE
To share your solutions and thoughts,
Use the #wastewise or mention @bewastewise on Twitter
Join the global dialogue on waste on our New LinkedIn Group.
Join our Facebook community.
To stay updated, subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
If you would like to sponsor our work, please write to [email protected]
External Relations Manager,
North London Waste Authority
Sanitation and Waste Management Expert,
Skat Consulting Ltd.
TOPICS COVERED UNDER 2015 GLOBAL DIALOGUE ON WASTE
- Logistics of donating leftovers to reduce hunger and food waste
- Source segregation or commingled recycling?
- Solid waste management in Humanitarian Response
- Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF) and its export
- Opportunities for entrepreneurs
- Can we recycle everything?
- Culture, consumption and waste management
- Preventing waste through education and community engagement
- Formalizing the third sector: Informal waste recycling
- Questions to be asked before accepting new waste plans
- Mobile applications for better waste management
- New waste treatment technologies
- City-wide composting programs
- Ways to improve recycling rates
- Careers in waste management
- Role of social media in waste management
- The Clean India campaign: Swachch Bharat
- Protecting public health and ecosystems in islands through waste management
- Ocean plastic pollution